Application Development, Testing & Maintenance
In today’s environment, businesses are highly dependent on IT systems for day to day operations. As your business evolves, applications need to change to suit new business scenarios. Application Support and Maintenance is an important element towards enhancing and extending the life of the applications. Paragon focuses on seamlessly maintaining and transforming your business-critical applications to meet changing business needs.
Our Application Support & Maintenance Service ensures your business applications are managed and operated seamlessly to provide secure and high performance platform.
Our comprehensive set of frameworks, proven methodologies; ITIL/ISO 20000 compliant processes and domain expertise help enable our customers to achieve:
- Faster time-to-market
- Improved operational efficiency and reduced cost by decreasing the number and duration of business-critical application outages
- Best utilization of improved productivity for strategic initiatives
Our Application Support model is an evolved and proven multi-tiered framework on which our support solutions are based upon that are offer to suit all needs of our customers. Our support model provides high-availability service products in a networked environment. In the levelled support model, organizational functions are placed in an escalation hierarchy with clear lines of demarcation between functions to ensure that responsibilities and duties are clearly defined. Depending on the nature of your IT infrastructure, how many users there are, and how critical it is to your day to day operations, we tailor a solution to meet your exact needs.
Application Development and Maintenance
Multi-level (Level 1, 2, 3, 4) Development & Maintenance capability using a Corrective, Preventive, Adaptive & Perfective approach across technologies and business domains.
While our primary focus remains on seamless transition of taking over service delivery responsibility from either you or an incumbent vendor. We ensure that the transformation activity is initiated at this very phase by gathering information across Business, Operational and IT viewpoint. Post this the gaps and improvement areas are highlighted to you that kick off the transformation phase. The Transformation phase is typically broken into standard and customised projects that start post successful completion of transition and ends when your environment has reached the desired state. Our Transformation Framework and Methodologies ensure we deliver the agreed service improvements and productivity gains in line with business requirement. Approach spans across the lifecycle of the engagement with a focus on continuous improvement to reduce maintenance overhead.
- Different range of mobile deviceswith different screen sizes and hardware configurations like hard keypad, virtual keypad (touch screen) and trackball etc.
- Wide varieties of mobile deviceslike HTC, Samsung, Apple and Nokia.
- Different mobile operating systems like Android, Windowsand IOS.
- Different versions of operation system like iOS 5.x, iOS 6.x, BB5.x, BB6.x etc.
- Different mobile network operators like GSM and CDMA.
- Frequent updates – (like android- 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, iOS-5.x, 6.x) – with each update a new testing cycle is recommended to make sure no application functionality is impacted.
There are broadly 2 kinds of testing that take place on devices:
- Hardware testing: The device including the internal processors, internal hardware, screen sizes, resolution, space or memory, camera, radio, Bluetooth, WIFI etc. This is sometimes referred to as, simple “Mobile Testing”.
- Software or Application testing: The applications that work on mobile devices and their functionality is tested. It is called the “Mobile Application Testing” to differentiate it from the earlier method. Even in the mobile applications, there are few basic differences that are important to understand:
- Native apps: A native application is created for use on a platform like mobile and tablets.
- Mobile web apps are server-side apps to access website/s on mobile using different browsers like chrome, Firefox by connecting to a mobile network or wireless network like WIFI.
- Hybrid apps are combinations of native app and web app. They run on devices or offline and are written using web technologies like HTML5 and CSS.
Mobile Application Testing Types:
- Functionality testing:Business and technical requirements / specifications
- Usability testing:To make sure that the mobile app is easy to use and provides a satisfactory user experience to the customers
- Compatibility testing:Testing of the application in different mobiles devices, browsers, screen sizes and OS versions according to the requirements.
- Interface testing: Testing of menu options, buttons, bookmarks, history, settings, and navigation flow of the application.
- Performance testing: Testing the performance of the application by changing the connection from 2G, 3G to WIFI, sharing the documents, battery consumption, etc.
- Installation tests: Validation of the application by installing /uninstalling it on the devices.
- Security Testing: Testing an application to validate if the information system protects data or not.